Looking for help with your packaging?
Check our video below to learn more about how to pack an item
Guidelines for Good Packaging
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact.
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable.
- Wrap all items separately.
- Use adequate cushioning material.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.
Packaging guidelines can vary depending on the type of product being packaged. Some general instructions for packaging are the following:
- Ensure the packaging material is appropriate for the product: The packaging material should be strong enough to protect the product during transportation and storage. It should also be compatible with the product to avoid any damage or contamination.
- Consider the fragility of shipment contents.
- Use quality double wall boxes
- Fill all void space.
- Consider environmental impact: The packaging should be designed with the environment in mind, and should be made from materials that are recyclable or biodegradable whenever possible. It is also important to minimize the amount of packaging used to reduce waste.
- Test the packaging: Before finalizing the packaging design, it is important to conduct testing to ensure it meets the necessary requirements. This may include testing for strength, durability, and compatibility with the product.