Who we are
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, country of residence, email and more (“Personal Information”).
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, phone number and email address; for instance, when you want to submit a lost item report or when you contact our Customer Care department for assistance with your lost item search.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect information about you, such as data about your use of Deliverback Service. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access our websites, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the webpages you view on our websites, and whether and how you interact with content available on our websites.
- Information obtained from other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, such as Deliverback partners and partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities. We may also receive information about you from Deliverback partner websites, for instance, when you interact with us on those sites. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this Policy and we also apply any additional restrictions imposed by the source of data.
- Information of children: Deliverback does not target and is not intended to attract children under sixteen. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our websites or use our app, we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen without parental consent. If, following a notification by a parent or guardian or discovery by other means, a child under sixteen has improperly accessed or used our Services by using false information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
We collect: first name, last name, street address, city, state, postal code, country, phone number, and email address.
Why: We use this information to attempt to locate your lost item, to maintain a lost item search status during the search and recovery process, to communicate with you during the search and recovery process, to verify your identity as part of maintaining the integrity of the system, and to ship matched items to your location. Processing your personal data for these purposes is necessary for the performance of the agreement we have with you.
How We May Share Personal Information
Deliverback does not and will not sell personal information about our Customers. We only disclose your data as described in this Policy. We may share information with the following types of third parties.
- Third Party Vendors
- Deliverback Partners (i.e. Hotels)
- Compelled Disclosure
- Sale or Merger
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use a variety of appropriate technical and organizational measures and industry standards to protect your personal information and help prevent information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We ensure that our data center has adequate security measures.
Personal data collected by Deliverback may be stored and processed in your region, in Greece (for instance in our data centers), or in any other country where Deliverback or Deliverback partners are located or maintain facilities. Deliverback has put in place adequate mechanisms to protect personal information when it is transferred internationally, for example by using the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission.